Monday 13 September 2010

Steam Punk

Following on from our little arts and crafts session, I started looking at stuff to make. I have been interested in doing some kind of situation photography, I like the Film Noir stuff, and I like stuff thats recreated to look like it's shot in the 1960s-1970s. But I like making stuff, she likes Victorian clothing... SteamPunk seems like the logical conclusion.

I'm not really a science fiction fan so never took much notice until now, but it's great stuff. I'll start looking into making a pair of goggles... which appears to be the only place to start! Time to get some paper and a pencil and start designing -- it should be interesting because I really need to design around odds-and-ends that I can find.

Just by chance, we went antiquing at the weekend and I saw lots of old iron-mongery, old clocks, cameras and militaria which I think pushed me in this direction. My father sometimes deal in antiques, and my stepfather deal in antique guns, so there were always lots of books laying around the house, I should have quite a good grounding for this kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment