Thursday 9 September 2010

Dr Martins Boots

I took the missus out today, she wanted to visit the charity shops in my old home town, which is rather posh, and thus the charity shops often yield some rather nice swag.

Unfortunately, they seem to have gotten wise recently and are researching the value of the stuff they are selling... £20 for an ash tray, £85 for an old telephone. It's more expensive than ebay.

Just when I was beginning to think that her bargain hunt would be a dead loss, we stumbled on a pair of Dr Martins in her size, very good condition, just £4. She's been on at me for ages to get her some Dr Martins and I was going to get her some for xmas, now she has some that are already broken in (If you have ever had Docs, you'll know why this is a good thing).

So the goo news is that the missus is happy, the bad news is that I'll have to think of something else to get her for crimble... I was thinking of some stockings and a short skirt to go with the Docs, but unfortunately that's not the look she had in mind. It's a shame because it would look good on a photo shoot.

I'll have to twist her arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment