Friday 3 September 2010

Experimental post

I'd like to talk about my work, problem is that it does contain nudity, which is no big problem as far as I'm concerned but it means that I probably can't post thumbnails to it because it's marked as mature content on dA and I don't want to break any terms and conditions on blogger.
So here goes...


Statuesque by ~DannyBillArgent on deviantART

I'm used to photographing cars, so using a worm's eye view seems natural to me, thats all I did with the photo Statuesque. I took a load of photos while the model posed. I like this pose because it was sorta right, but sorta wrong too. I had some work to do blurring out the artex on the ceiling, I generally used the smudge tool on Photoshop where the pattern showed, which was mainly down the left side of the picture.
One of the lamps I used was a bedside lamp with a violet lampshade, this gave some of the picture an unusual cast and so I went with it, adjusting the colour temperature in CameraRaw, and that was it. All done!
Essentially I had an old camera and some household lamps. The location was our dining room, I photographed upwards to avoid shooting any furniture. The model was nude because we didn't have any clothes that she'd want to be photographed in... she just slapped on a bit of make-up, and this picture was the result. I'm quite pleased with the result, considering that it's basically a product of circumstance. If we had a studio and some nice clothes I may have produced a very different picture, but making do and working with what you got is kinda fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment